Music Rights Specialist
Deezer are currently looking for a Music Rights Specialist, Indies to join their Paris team.
The Music Rights team is a small and friendly group of music industry deal makers. All based in our Paris HQ, we’re currently a mixture of French, British, and Americans, between us speaking Japanese, Arabic, English and French, sharing ideas and working together on challenges and helping each other out.
Part of the Rights Team, the Indies Team focuses on commercial relationships with a large number of independent music businesses, big and small. We work with labels in diverse territories, as well as with global rights organisations and aggregators. The role is an opportunity to take a global view of the music industry at a major music streaming platform.
– At least 2 years of negotiation experience at or with rights holders, and/or content streaming services.
– Relationship management experience and keeping track of business relationships through time, with an eye for detail.
– Experience of working within multi-national teams and working closely with legal teams / lawyers preferable.
Skills and knowledge
– Negotiation skills - able to manage multiple commercial variables in a negotiation, and multiple negotiations at the same time, in different business contexts.
– Numerical analysis skills (Excel), or strong numerical reasoning skills and the motivation to get to a high level with guidance.
– General business skills and knowledge, and the ability to understand the different motivations of our partners and the business environment in which we operate. Presentation and persuasion skills, and a solid understanding of copyright preferable.
– Fluent English mandatory. French a plus. Arabic, Spanish or Brazilian Portuguese nice but not decisive.
– A calm and strategic thinker who plans, analyses a situation from different angles, and educates themselves before taking action.
– Someone “tough on the problem, but kind to the person”, who can be tough on terms if necessary while working to maintain good relationships with our partners.
– Autonomous and comfortable with start-up environments, and excited and curious about the music industry and broader digital ecosystem.
See link below for further information.
Published on 1 May 2019