Associate Dean & Director, Musical Theatre
- Oversee all aspects of curriculum and performance of the Musical Theatre Program.
- In consultation with the Vice Provost, recruit, hire, and support all program faculty.
- Work with the Provost, Vice Provost, and Associate Dean of Assessment and Academic
- Programs to create and maintain assessment methods, analytics and responses.
- Oversee Departmental budgets and participate actively in budget projections.
- Participate in the planning of MSM’s Performance Calendar.
- Participation in Committees as assigned
- Work with Musical Theatre Artistic Advisory Council to develop mentoring opportunities and internships in professional settings.
- Work with the Office of Advancement to identify donors and strategies for increasing scholarship, capital, and production support.
- Direct or hire directors for all showcases and mainstage productions.
- Significant professional experience in major musical stage productions, preferably on Broadway.
- Substantial and successful teaching experience in Musical Theatre at the college level.
- Administrative experience in an academic setting, with understanding of curricular design, professional training, general education and assessment.
- Communication skills and ability to serve as the “face” of the Musical Theatre Program.
- Ability to lead and inspire students and professional faculty and staff.
- Sensitive to needs of a diverse population.
Published on 1 December 2017