Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute are seeking a curator in music for their campus in Troy, New York.
The incumbent develops curatorial concepts, implements, manages and produces programs in the field of music and time-based arts; produces and manages performances and projects; develops concepts for funding strategies, public relations activities and contractual and financial aspects of specific projects
– Bachelor’s degree in music, or related field
– Knowledge of aesthetical and practical implications of digital technology in musicBachelor’s degree in music, or related field
– Five years of directly related professional experience in the field of music
– Three years experience in project management of new productions; can be concurrent with professional experience
– Possess knowledge of contemporary artistic developments in music nationally and with an international perspective
– Solid background in Western experimental music of the 20th and 21st century (non-academic and academic from concert and music theater to installation and digital technology)
– Knowledge of aesthetical and practical implications of digital technology in music Bachelor’s degree in music, or related field
– Master’s degree in music or related field
See link below for further details.
Published on 2 April 2019