Part-time Faculty – Music (Jazz)
Wilbur Wright College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks part-time faculty to teach music (jazz) effective the Fall 2018 semester. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage students in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Designs courses to meet learning outcomes and promotes students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Creates an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employs a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of student learning outcomes for the course.
- Helps students reach their academic, personal, and career goals and fosters a safe environment that respects the diversity of individuals and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contributes to and provides leadership in academic and professional communities and promotes collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Master’s Degree in Music or Jazz Studies or Voice.
- Knowledge of a Learning Management System preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with a diverse group of students and staff required.
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the community college.
See further details at the link below.
Published on 2 August 2018