Applications are invited for the following position: Marketing Executive
The Irish Chamber Orchestra (ICO) is Ireland’s most dynamic orchestra, continually pushing the boundaries of what a chamber ensemble can do. Led by the ebullient Katherine Hunka, the ICO comprises 22 outstanding musicians, whose unique sound has captivated audiences all over the world. Every year, the orchestra presents concert seasons in Limerick and Dublin, embarks on two national tours, and makes a series of prestigious international appearances supported by Culture Ireland.
At the heart of the orchestra’s vision is the belief that music can change lives. Sing Out with Strings (SOWS) is our groundbreaking initiative, offering primary school children in Limerick the chance to learn music for free. The success of SOWS has inspired us to establish the ICO Youth Orchestra (ICOYO) for aspiring musicians aged 12 to 18. The ICO also supports new talent on the MA in Classical String Performance at the University of Limerick, and commissions work from exciting young Irish composers. The ICO is a registered charity based on the University of Limerick campus and is primarily funded by The Arts Council of Ireland/An Chomhairle Ealaíon.
The Marketing Executive will work within the Marketing team and with the broader ICO team to achieve ICO’s goals. He/she will develop a Marketing strategy for ICO and execute the plan to achieve the desired results.
The role aims to raise the profile of ICO nationwide and offers excellent opportunities for the successful candidate to develop a broad range of skills. The successful candidate will be creative and highly motivated. He/she will seek to build and diversify audiences in accordance with ICO strategy. He/she will be resilient with the ability to cope with the demands of the job, as well as being committed to continuous improvement and personal professional development.
Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a marketing position in an arts or transferable business context in marketing and communications.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead the development, implementation and regular review of ICO’s Communications and Audience Development Strategy, ensuring ICO communicates effectively with its various audiences and stakeholders
• Implement the organisation’s marketing and communications function
• Manage the marketing budget, build relationships with suppliers and negotiate best possible deals • Manage and develop ICO’s website and digital communication platforms to ensure efficient and effective communication with audience and stakeholders
• Curate content across all media – written, photography and video to drive awareness of ICO • Manage ICO’s Social Media Programme including content development, audience engagement and measurement of effectiveness
• Manage Marketing partners and sponsors to achieve desired outcomes
• Drive audience attendance to ICO events by implementing an effective event plan on time and within budget
• Collect and analyse relevant data to assess the effectiveness of the marketing strategy, and report on results
• Box Office Administration - monitoring, audience figures, and box office data reports as required.
• Nurture ICO’s long-standing links and relationships with schools and educators in the city, county and beyond to ensure that school children and students can access ICO events
• Assist at ICO concerts, events, launches, Friends and Sponsors’ events, etc.
• Maintain and develop ICO’s databases, in line with GDPR regulation
• Assist the ICO team with preparation and reporting of funding, sponsorship and award applications
• Carry out other duties as may be required from time to time.
• Excellent verbal, written, oral and digital communication skills
• Strong visual communication skills with an eye for detail
• A track record in initiating strong and effective marketing/promotional campaigns
• Effective planning skills with the ability to work under pressure in a challenging environment while managing workload and competing priorities
• Proven ability in collecting and analysing data and in producing reports
• Experienced in managing budgets
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work effectively in a team and build and maintain effective working relationships
• Proven ability to manage processes, develop standards and promote process improvement
• Excellent IT skills - video, social media, website
• Dynamic and resourceful self-starter
• At least 2 years’ relevant work experience
• 3rd level qualification relevant to marketing/communications
• Understanding of Classical Music and other genres
• Experience of working in an arts environment
Salary: Circa. €40,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Full-time, fixed term contract.
Please send a cover letter setting out your suitability for this position (2 pages max) along with your current CV (2 pages max) to gerard.keenan [at] ul.ie
Application Closing Date: Monday May 20th
The ICO is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to selection on merit welcoming applicants from all sections of the community.
Published on 3 May 2019