Communications and Events Officer
Reporting to and working directly with the Director, the Communications and Events Officer is a core member of the team within Ireland’s national literature resource and support organisation for writers.
He/she will have dual responsibilities for:
- planning, programing, organising, delivering/overseeing events, projects and other IWC initiatives
- publicising the Centre’s programme of activities and raising the profile of the Centre
Key areas of responsibilities for the Communications and Events Officer position includes planning, organising and delivery/overseeing of all events, projects and other IWC initiatives as follows:
- Working with the Director in programming and delivering all events and projects taking place within and outside the building as part of the artistic programme.
- Programming for new events/projects: identifying and delivering new innovative programme ideas either independently, or as part of the IWC team.
- Identifying and fostering possible contacts, partnerships or connections that would benefit the IWC’s programming; short- and long-term.
- Responsible for all event bookings, organisation and delivery in terms of recurrent IWC events, rentals, launches, partnership events or similar.
- Manage the operations of all technical aspects required for events including sound, lighting and projection equipment.
- Working closely with the Director and General Manager in the development of the educational programme, and assisting with rental and other opportunities within the building.
- Updating and maintaining events logs data for funding applications and reports.
Published on 5 September 2018