Ensembles Coordinator, Boston Conservatory
The Ensembles Coordinator manages the large instrumental ensembles at Boston Conservatory at Berklee under the supervision of the Chair of Instrumental Studies.
Essential Functions/Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate large ensemble entrance auditions during Orientation. Collaborate with faculty, department heads, chairs and librarian to collect and disseminate audition repertoire. Also, manage guest musician and mid-year auditions as needed.
- Process class lists for the Registrar’s office. Ensure that all ensemble students are registered for the proper course numbers associated with their programs.
- Coordinate and track the Ensemble Assignments and alert the Chair and faculty of any inequities.
- Oversee all attendance issues with Large Ensemble, including tracking, approving/denying, and processing any large ensemble absences and excuse verifications. Also, collect absence records from attendance takers.
- Act as a liaison between students, faculty, guest musicians and administration.
- Update Boston Conservatory at Berklee’s large ensemble webpages, handbook, and other documents.
- Hire and manage contracts for outside performers that play with the ensembles.
- Communicate with conductors to organize scheduling and programming for the following year.
- Collaborate with Concert Services to make sure all rehearsal schedules are properly registered in scheduling system (25Live).
NB: No deadline specified
Published on 6 December 2017