Reporting to the Department Chair, the Ensemble Coordinator will perform critical organizational duties of ensemble coordination. Ensembles are a requirement across all of the degree programs and within every program area in the BA and BMUS curriculum. This position is essential to the successful operation of the department’s ensemble program and to ensuring that ensemble courses have the proper balance of instrumentation and enroll students at the appropriate skill levels for the courses to run effectively. Coordination requires organizing and supervising auditions each semester and communicating ensemble placement processes to current students and faculty. The staff member also serves as a member of the Ensemble Excellence Committee, which makes recommendations to the Curriculum Committee and the Chair.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, and supervise auditions of all incoming freshmen and transfer students for ensemble courses.
- Complete course authorizations for students who are placed into auditioned ensembles to facilitate timely registration.
- Design, produce, distribute, collect, and update (as required) audition forms and contact information sheets used by students and faculty.
- Maintain database of students’ ensemble participation across their programs of study towards the goal of ensuring a diverse and well-rounded performance ensemble experience for all students.
- Maintain effective working relationships between private lesson instructors and ensemble directors and effective communications among Ensemble Directors, students, and full- and part-time faculty.
- Manage the process of private lesson instructor recommendations for ensemble placement.
- Serve as liaison to and participate in Ensemble Excellence Committee meetings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
See further details at the link below.
NB: No deadline specified
Published on 7 August 2018