To co-ordinate and manage the successful release and marketing of Sony Music projects from initiation to completion.
To propose and then execute agreed concepts for both mass market and niche markets.
- To assist the wider Marketing team in all aspects of originating releases and creating and actioning Marketing Plans.
- To co-ordinate each assigned release from conception to store, including formatting, retail planning, meeting deadlines, keeping relevant teams updated, managing the artwork design and thorough artwork proof-reading checks.
- To propose concepts for all assigned projects ensuring that there is a clear and detailed plan to take from conception through to delivery.
- To have a clear understanding of the changing market and music consumption habits and how they have an effect on release and marketing plans.
- To develop in advance said agreed marketing and promotional plans in consultation and in communication with the Head of Marketing, the wider Marketing team, internal teams such as Sales, Promotions, International repertoire owner and, externally, artist and/or management.
- To co-ordinate releases with the Sales Department and provide upfront tools to be used at retail.
- To work closely with Production, Digital Ops and designers to initiate artwork, production and POS as necessary and to ensure agreed deadlines are met in the requisite manner. All of which need to be approved by the Head of Marketing.
- To evaluate and analyse the effectiveness of respective marketing campaigns and to feedback on the success to the wider Marketing teams.
- To inform and assist, where appropriate, other areas of Sony Music with the development of marketing & promotional strategies and tools to help them in exploit Sony Music repertoire.
- To be consumer-focused and work with the Insight department to fully understand target markets.
- To actively strive to come up with innovative ideas to further the awareness of releases and encourage consumption.
- To be aware of changes and developments in the music market, with particular emphasis on competitor activity.
- To be up-to-date on ship and sales figures, patterns of sales and stock levels on releases.
- To maximise any marketing or promotional activities or opportunities for assigned artists wherever possible, for example artist touring in market, new album release.
See further details at the link below.
NB: No deadline specified
Published on 7 August 2018