Section Leader – Bassoon
RTÉ invites expressions of interest for the position of Section Leader Bassoon, RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra (100%), reporting to the General Manager, RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra. The Section Leader Bassoon will be a brilliant instrumentalist, and will possess excellent leadership and communications skills.
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will be to:
- Sit as Principal and to lead the section as required
- Maintain the high standard of professional playing and musical and artistic excellence required by the Orchestra
- Be familiar with the relevant parts, including solos, in advance of the first rehearsal and performances
- Support professionally any Leaders and Conductors engaged by the Orchestra
- Take responsibility for the style, intonation, balance, ensemble, rhythm and preparation of the section in conjunction with Leaders and the Titled Conductors
- Lead and manage the section effectively, and share responsibility with management for the performance of players within the Section
- Foster an environment in which artistic excellence flourishes
- Develop and support positive working relationships with all other members of the Orchestra, and any freelance players engaged by the Orchestra
- Participate in audition panels (to include writing audition reports), trial assessment meetings, orchestral and artistic meetings as required with due regard for confidentiality
- Engage in the general activities of the Orchestra, such as attendance at relevant meetings, promotional activity, outreach and education work, and to act as an ambassador for the RTÉ NSO during these activities
See further details at the link below.
NB: No deadline specified
Published on 7 August 2018