Section Leader, French Horn
RTÉ invites expressions of interest for the position of Section Leader French Horn, RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra (100%), reporting to the General Manager, RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra. The Section Leader French Horn will be a brilliant instrumentalist, and will possess excellent leadership and communications skills.
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will be to:
– Sit as Principal and to lead the section as required
– Maintain the high standard of professional playing and musical and artistic excellence required by the Orchestra
– Be familiar with the relevant parts, including solos, in advance of the first rehearsal and performances
– Support professionally any Leaders and Conductors engaged by the Orchestra
– Take responsibility for the style, intonation, balance, ensemble, rhythm and preparation of the section in conjunction with Leaders and the Titled Conductors
– Lead and manage the section effectively, and share responsibility with management for the performance of players within the Section
– Foster an environment in which artistic excellence flourishes
– Develop and support positive working relationships with all other members of the Orchestra, and any freelance players engaged by the Orchestra
– Participate in audition panels (to include writing audition reports), trial assessment meetings, orchestral and artistic meetings as required with due regard for confidentiality
– Engage in the general activities of the Orchestra, such as attendance at relevant meetings, promotional activity, outreach and education work, and to act as an ambassador for the RTÉ NSO during these activities
The ideal candidate should possess:
– Significant experience ideally in a symphonic environment
– Excellent knowledge of repertoire and styles
– 3rd level qualification in performance or equivalent experience
– Meticulous accuracy and attention to detail
– Creative flare with strong technical skills
– Strong interest in classical and orchestral music
– Ability to work under pressure is essential
This is a dynamic work environment and the successful candidate must be able to work calmly and efficiently in these situations. S/he must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The RTÉ NSO has a 7 day liability including weekends and public holidays and therefore flexibility is essential. There will a requirement for the post holder to work in other locations outside of the National Concert Hall, Dublin.
This role is graded as Section Leader - salary range of €49,221 - €57,729 gross per annum.
NB: no deadline specified
Please see below for full details.
Published on 8 August 2018