The Royal College of Music awards several fellowships, which are offered competitively to experienced musicians who aspire to take their performing careers further. They provide talented artists with the means and time to refine their artistic skills and to gain experience, confidence and connections that will help them establish themselves professionally.
The majority of our fellows do not hold student status. They are generally considered junior colleagues by faculty members, with the autonomy and self-regulation this implies. RCM offers the following fellowships with non-student status:
- Lord & Lady Lurgan Collaborative Piano Fellowship
- Gilbert & Eileen Edgar and Anthony Saltmarsh Collaborative Piano Fellowship
- Adami Award for Collaborative Piano Fellows
- Harpsichord and Continuo Fellowship
- RCM String Quartet Fellowship (new for 2019/20)
Junior fellowships for Artist Diploma in Performance students
RCM also offers two Junior fellowships, which are only available students on the Artist Diploma (ArtDip) in Performance programme. As such, all junior fellows are registered students at the RCM:
- Mills Williams Junior Fellowship
- Constant & Kit Lambert Junior Fellowship
See further details at the link below.
Published on 9 January 2019