Editorial Executive Assistant
Pitchfork are seeking candidates for the position of Editorial Executive Assistant to join their New York team. The Editorial Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Editor-in-Chief and providing support for the editorial staff at large when needed. We are looking for a candidate who is organized, efficient, deadline-oriented, and able to multitask and prioritize accordingly.
– Providing administrative support to the Editor-in-Chief
– Answering phone calls and taking accurate and timely notes to assist the follow up process
– Calendar management including coordinating and supporting the Editor-in-Chief’s event schedule
– Booking all aspects of travel
– Managing expenses
– Coordinating various staff meetings as necessary
– Partnering with HR and Managing Editor to onboard new employees
– Managing general office administration and supplies; liaising with facilities group to coordinate office maintenance as necessary.
– Potential to contribute to the magazine and website when time allows
– Ability to join special projects/task forces when desired
– College degree and at least 1 year of work experience preferable
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
– Proficiency with G Suite
– Quick problem-solving skills
– An interest in social media
– Office environment and administrative work experience desired
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Strong attention to detail with ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to anticipate needs and have extreme follow-through
See link below for further details.
Published on 10 June 2019