Program/Admin Manager, School of Jazz and Contemporary Music
The Program & Administration Manager reports to the Dean of the School of Jazz and Contemporary Music. S/he is a part of the leadership team of the School of Jazz and Contemporary Music. The Program & Administration Manager provides core support and guidance for the day to day operations of the School of Jazz and Contemporary Music, leads projects initiated by the Dean and General Manager of the School of Jazz and Contemporary Music including responsibility for hiring for projects. S/he acts as the primary point of contact between the School of Jazz and Contemporary Music and other university offices, departments, divisions, and external partners. The Program & Administration Manager anticipates internal or external issues that may impact programs or work processes and works with others to resolve problems or improve services accordingly.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Direct supervision of staff on events and projects as envisioned by the Dean, School of Jazz and Contemporary Music and General Manager. Examples include but are not limited to orientation week, commencement, gender forums, and other special events
- Responsible for processing additional duties payments for parttime faculty
- Responsible for tracking faculty absences and paying substitutes
- Lead the onboarding of staff and faculty
- Hire, train, schedule, and supervise student office workers
- Manage daily operations of a busy Dean’s office
- With the General Manager, represents the school in resolving Human Resources and Payroll issues.
- Interface with the Board of Governors for communication and meetings
- Maintain Dean’s calendar, arrange meetings and other special events, coordinate the agenda or program
- Prepare detailed briefing materials for the Dean for meetings, reports, inquiries, agendas, and presentations.
- Manage vendor relationships, accounts, and invoice reconciliation
- Provide high-level oversight and support for the executive leadership
See further details at the link below.
NB: No deadline, open until filled
Published on 10 October 2018