Assistant Orchestra Manager
English National Opera is seeking an Assistant Orchestra Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Orchestra and Music Department (DOMD) and the Orchestra Manager (OM) the Assistant Orchestra Manager is responsible for assisting with the effective management and operation of the Orchestra of ENO, deputising for the OM on a regular basis.
Your duties will include:
– Liaise with the OM in the production and distribution of the orchestral schedule.
– In collaboration with the OM, manage the booking of all extra and deputy players as required.
– Administer all payments and payment records to the orchestra and to extra and deputy players.
– In collaboration with the OM and Music Director (MD) arrange all orchestral auditions and trials.
– Reporting to the OM, manage all issues regarding health and safety for the Orchestra.
– Ensure that all rehearsals and performances are run efficiently.
– Manage the day to day running of the orchestra office, including efficient filing and record keeping.
The successful candidate will have:
– Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
– Experience of working with orchestral musicians and MU practices.
– Ability to work well under pressure.
– Demonstrable organisational skills.
– A calm, professional manner with a good sense of humour.
– Excellent computer skills and knowledge of OPAS would be preferable.
See link below for further details.
Published on 11 April 2019