Mise-en Music Festival 2019 Call for Scores
ensemble mise-en has announced the call for scores for the MISE-EN MUSIC FESTIVAL 2019.
Selected composers are required to attend the festival dates, June 26-30, 2019. Each will have the chance to collaborate with ensemble mise-en as well as other guest musicians. This is a unique opportunity to share your work not only with a New York City audience but with visiting musicians and composers from around the world.
The guidelines for the submissions:
1. Applicants may be of any nationality and age.
2. Selected composers must be present at the festival (June 26-30, 2019) in New York City.
3. Multiple submissions are welcome, but each must be submitted as a separate entity.
4. Those composers chosen to write new works (Category #5) will be notified by January 1st, 2019. All other composers chosen to participate in the festival will be notified after February 1st, 2019.
1. Solo instrument with or without electronics
2. Chamber Ensemble (2-8 musicians including a conductor) with or without electronics
3. Large Ensemble/Chamber Orchestra (up to 24-piece ensemble) with or without electronics
4. Tape/Live Electronics/Video Work
5. Proposal for a new piece (1-25 musicians including a conductor) with or without electronics*
*This category (#5) is for undeveloped works or works-in-progress. Selected proposals must be completed and submitted by April 15th, 2019 for inclusion in the festival program.
See further details at the link below.
Published on 11 October 2018