Glyndebourne is seeking to appoint an exceptional, highly talented and motivated musician with professional experience in choral conducting, preparation and rehearsal. As Chorus Master you will be responsible for the training of The Glyndebourne Chorus for the Festival and Tour, enabling them to perform at the highest international standard. The successful applicant will be able to deliver excellent performance from the Glyndebourne Chorus and demonstrate strong leadership and organisational skills.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of the chorus to the highest musical standards
- Undertaking performance duties: off-stage conducting of chorus and stage bands where required
- Monitoring of the chorus during performances in both the Festival and Tour
- Maintain complete and accurate records for Music Library
- Attendance at chorus auditions and meetings as required
- Attendance, where appropriate, at conservatoire opera performances and small opera companies where young singers are performing who could be potential chorus members
- Support the Head of Planning and Company Management in the management of the Chorus
See further details at the link below.
Published on 12 December 2018