Label Manager, Label & Artist Services
Reporting to the Director, Artist Services, The Orchard has an immediate opening for a Label Manager, Artist & Label Services. The position will act as a distribution manager supporting the Artist & Label Services division. The candidate will focus on the distribution and supply chain needs for frontline, artist driven repertoire working alongside the artist & label service team and label management team. This person should have an understanding of digital retail requirements, experience with metadata best practices, an understanding of physical supply chain needs, solid technical capabilities, creative problem solving ability, and strong communication skills.
– Work closely with product managers and the artist & label services team across all distribution and supply chain needs in support of frontline artist campaigns.
– Handle assigned artists’ digital and physical product logistics and operations, ensuring digital content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Orchard technology systems, and physical releases make their way to market by way of coordinating with sales, manufacturing, and inventory management.
– Manage complex digital release set-ups in accordance with artist and campaign specified needs.
– Responsible for verifying audio, video, metadata and artwork in accordance with The Orchard’s content guidelines and style guide conventions.
– Process deletions, take downs, pricing adjustments, DSP and territories adjustments, and any updates required of artists’ catalog.
– Liaise with internal departments (from finance to legal and management) to ensure artist business needs are met.
– Coordinating with product managers and the artist services team to ensure the global sales and marketing organization has all assets to properly solicit and market artists’ distributed releases.
– Experience & knowledge of using content management systems and digital metadata across a variety of genres & store formats.
– Knowledge of the digital space, including music retail, analytics and social media, with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape.
– Supreme attention to detail is critical.
– Advanced organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to tight deadlines, stay cool under pressure, and hold oneself accountable to results.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to speak effectively both internally and externally.
– Resourceful, accountable, and takes initiative - an expert troubleshooter
– Passionate about independent music and artist development
See link below for further details.
Published on 15 April 2019