Publicist - Radio and Music
BBC Radio and Education (R&E) communications team, are seeking a Publicist to work on podcasts and other content on BBC Sounds.
You will run attention grabbing and creative publicity campaigns for a range of podcasts and other content, particularly focusing on reaching new and younger audiences online and via social media.
As part of the R&E communications team, you will handle reputational issues and work with senior executives, producers and talent, and you’re confident and comfortable with managing a varying work load and working across different teams.
You will take the lead on publicising some of the BBC’s new podcasts and other on demand content, ensuring that both new and existing audiences are aware of the ways in which they can access the BBC’s world class content digitally. This will include maximising opportunities on podcasts, programmes, online and social media.
The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate:
– Proven track record of delivering ways to promote and create digital content which reaches younger audiences through making the most of online and social media platforms.
– Ability to identify and execute innovative ways to promote podcasts and other content aimed at younger audiences.
– Proven track record in running creative talent led publicity campaigns generating positive coverage across print, broadcast and digital media.
– Experience in working on projects with senior executives and/or programme makers which involve finding new and innovative ways to reach key audiences.
– Experience in effectively anticipating and managing difficult media queries under pressure and providing authoritative communications advice to senior managers, talent and colleagues to protect and enhance the organisation’s reputation.
– Knowledge and interest in the content across BBC Radio.
– Experience in organising events and prioritising a work load which constantly varies and involves different projects.
– Willingness to work in the evenings and weekends when required, including being part of the on-call rota.
See link below for further details.
Published on 15 April 2019