Coordinator of Student Development
Description: The Coordinator of Student Development is responsible for assisting the Associate Dean for Student Development with all programs and services provided to Juilliard students under the collective unit of Student Development, which includes the offices of Student Affairs, Residence Life, International Advisement and Diversity Initiatives, Disability Support Services, Community Engagement, and the Alan D. Marks Center for Career Services and Entrepreneurship. The Coordinator also provides regular support to the Marks Center.
– Assist the Associate Dean for Student Development with operations, administrative support, scheduling, and flow of student and staff traffic.
– Serve as a liaison between the six primary Student Development offices.
– Oversee planning and logistics for independent student projects.
– Work closely with students to execute proposed performances, programs, and events that are independent of the Juilliard curriculum.
– Inform students of limitations, restrictions, and policies.
– Meet with students to review applications for Juilliard grants.
– Guide students through the overall planning and budget processes.
– Serve as a liaison between the students and the offices and resources needed to execute their projects.
– Provide back-up support to the Hire Juilliard Performers program.
– Understand the booking, contracting, and data management processes for the Hire Juilliard Performers (HJP) program, and provide support to the Director and Associate Director of the Marks Center during high-volume periods.
– Duties related to this program include fielding and responding to client inquiries, maintaining client management software (Salesforce), assisting with contracts and student payments, and refining booking protocols and procedures.
– Support and assist with training and supervision of student work-study staff in the Marks Center.
– Serve on the Student Engagement Team (SET)
– Work as a team to oversee implementation of workshops, seminars, and social events including creating promotional materials, facilitating space and refreshment ordering/set-up, obtaining presentation equipment, and communicating with and facilitating payment for guest speakers.
– Support initiatives related to student entrepreneurship at Juilliard including event scheduling and planning for the grant programs, symposiums, roundtables, intensives, and other special events.
– Assist with expense tracking and budget monitoring for Student Development programs and activities.
– Maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive student information.
– Support the Director of the Marks Center with disseminating information about the Juilliard Career, Project, and Entrepreneurship – Grants each semester.
– Assist with organizational duties related to the Juilliard grants including disbursements and tracking of final reports.
– Some evening and weekend attendance of events required (with flexible time considerations).
– Other duties as assigned.
– Bachelor’s Degree.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Knowledge of and interest in the performing arts (including Music, Dance, and Drama).
– Two to three years of administrative experience, preferably in a college/university setting, or within an arts institution.
– Highly organized, motivated, and strong work ethic.
– Strong and adaptable computer skills using software applications including MS Office Suite, CANVAS, Salesforce, Google applications, and various social media platforms.
– Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
– Ability to perform as part of a team.
– Strong customer service skills.
– Administrative assistant and/or clerical experience beyond minimum required.
– Experience with production, stage management, and/or special events, preferred
– Experience maintaining websites, preferred
– Strong interest in working with college students, preferred
See link below for further details.
Published on 15 May 2019