Manager, Concert Operations
The New York Philharmonic is seeking a Manager, Concert Operations to develop, plan and coordinate day-to-day production for all orchestra-related activities.
A college degree with a minimum of five years operations/production experience in an orchestra; previous experience creating and managing budgets; knowledge of classical music; excellent computer, organizational and administrative skills; outstanding oral and written communications skills; previous experience working with labor contracts. A diplomatic personality with the ability to work long hours, juggle many projects at once and meet immediate deadlines. Orchestra touring experience is a plus.
1. Develop and plan production logistics for the season. Coordinate rehearsal/concert production logistics for subscription season, Parks, festivals, celebrations, special events, holiday presentations and pre-concert programs.
2. Create and monitor production budgets for all Philharmonic concerts at Lincoln Center, runout concerts, & Concerts in the Parks.
3. Develop, plan, and coordinate all staging requirements, including sound, lighting, keyboard instrument tunings and maintenance, etc. with Stage Representative, Orchestra Personnel Manager, stage crew and conductor/soloists. Create production schedule/calendars, concert run-downs, stage set-ups.
4. Develop, plan, coordinate, and execute all Concerts in the Parks season arrangements. Hire and supervise Parks support staff.
5. Develop, plan, coordinate, and execute all NYP run-out and special off-site concerts.
6. Work closely with Artistic Planning Department to coordinate guest artists’ contract needs for guest conductors/soloists, artist managers, choruses, cover conductors and composers.
7. Function as Technical Producer on large scale special productions, work with all technical production personnel, including director, lighting designer, sound designer, etc. as well as various NYP departments.
8. Lead weekly production meetings with Operations, Artistic Planning and Orchestra Personnel Departments.
9. Coordinate production logistics, as needed, for special projects on Philharmonic tours.
10. Miscellaneous duties as required.
For full details, visit https://goo.gl/VGDgyS
NB: no deadline specified
Published on 15 July 2017