Next Generation Bursary Award
The purpose of the Next Generation bursary award is to support a group of promising artists across all disciplines at an early but pivotal stage in their career. Recipients will receive €15,000 and will also take part in a collective week-long residential programme in spring 2018. Joint applications and interdisciplinary applications are welcomed. The selection panel will comprise a non-voting Council Chair, two Council members, and a number of external panellists. This award is designed to support emerging artists to:
- Buy time to develop their work and practice
- Support unique development needs to advance their own practice (this might be through engagement with a mentor, research, non-formal study and/or non-vocational training, collaborative partnerships, etc.). Applicants must detail the development need that would most advance his or her career at this time.
It will prioritise those who;
- Demonstrate ambition and vision for their work
- Show potential to develop and strengthen a distinctive and assured creative practice
- Show how they will benefit artistically from timely support for their artistic development;
- Demonstrate in a compelling way how the award and financial investment of this level and at this particular time will have a transformative effect in bringing them to the next stage of their artistic development.
For full details, visit https://goo.gl/4DE8vp.
Published on 17 May 2017