Fitzjames Research Fellow in Music
Salary £29,819 pa, plus a housing allowance of £10,000 pa or free accommodation
Merton College Oxford proposes to elect a Fitzjames Research Fellow in Music for four years commencing on 1 October 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter. This is a prestigious career development post which will provide a promising academic with opportunities to develop as researcher and university teacher.
The main duties of the post will be:
- to undertake innovative research in the broad area of Music (musicology, and/or music theory);
- to contribute to the wider academic research projects in the University in Music, including establishing productive research collaborations with other academics in Oxford or elsewhere; and
- to teach undergraduates reading Music for an average of six weighted hours per week in full term.
The postholder will be eligible for election as a Fellow of the College.
The successful applicant will hold, or be close to completing, a doctorate in a relevant subject area and demonstrate achievement (commensurate with the candidate’s career) in research at a standard which will contribute to and enhance the national and international profile of Music at Oxford. The ability to provide effective tutorial teaching to high-achieving undergraduates is essential. The postholder will also need to demonstrate:
- aptitude for a full range of college academic duties;
- the willingness to contribute to Merton as a member of its Governing Body; and
- commitment to a personal career development plan.
The Fellow will be entitled to free meals, medical insurance, research expenses and other benefits.
For full details, visit https://goo.gl/jfdANH
Published on 19 March 2017