Fully-Funded PhD in Artificial Intelligence and Music
QMUB is looking for the best and brightest students interested in the intersection of music/audio technology and AI.
- 4-year fully-funded PhD studentships available
- Extensive choice of projects, drawing on a supervisory team of over 30 academics
- Access to cutting-edge facilities and expertise in artificial intelligence (AI) and music/audio technology
- Comprehensive technical training at the intersection of AI and music through a personalized programme
- Partnerships with over 20 companies and cultural institutions in the music, audio and creative sectors
Successful applicants will have the following profile:
- Hold or be completing a Masters degree at distinction or first class level, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Music/Audio Technology, Physics, Mathematics, or Psychology.
- Programming skills are strongly desirable; however this is not considered to be an essential criterion if candidates have complementary strengths.
- Formal music training is desirable, but not a prerequisite.
For this round of applications QMUB offering a number of scholarships to applicants who are ordinarily resident in the UK (i.e. have lived and studied/worked in the UK at least the last three years) and a smaller number of scholarships to international students.
See further details at the link below.
Published on 19 March 2019