Sub-Principal 2nd Violin
BBC Symphony Orchestra is seeking a candidate for the position of Tutti 2nd Violin.
– First movement of Mozart Concerto 3,4,or 5 (with cadenza).
– First movement of a contrasting concerto (incl. 20th century).
– Prepared Orchestral excerpts.
– Auditions are expected to take place in London on October 20 and 28.
– To sit as Tutti 2nd Violin stepping up & doubling as required.
– To maintain the high standard of professional playing and musical and artistic excellence required by the Orchestra.
– To familiarise oneself with the relevant parts, including solos, in advance of the first rehearsal and performances.
– To support professionally any Leaders and Conductors engaged by the Orchestra.
– To foster an environment in which artistic excellence flourishes.
– To develop and support positive working relationships with all other members of the Orchestra, the section and any freelance players engaged by the Orchestra.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
– Excellent professional orchestral and solo playing abilities, maintaining the highest musical standards.
– Knowledge of the range of repertoire of the BBC Symphony Orchestra.
– Ability to work collaboratively to inspire and contribute to performances that meet the highest musical standards.
– Good interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and develop harmonious working relationships with a diverse range of people.
– Demonstrates commitment to maintain the reputation of the Orchestra.
– Participates actively as part of a diverse team and supportive of colleagues.
– Awareness of health and safety issues.
See link below for further details.
Published on 20 May 2019