The Concert Manager is responsible for internal and external management, staff supervision, programming, events, and non-academic content of all five performance venues across School of Music facilities. This individual works closely with other members of administration (including the Dean, Director of Administration, Director of Marketing, and Chair of Performance) to ensure efficient operations of the performance spaces.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Develops and maintains pricing structures, rental negotiations, and agreements.
- Schedules and books new performances and rehearsal spaces for outside groups.
- Maintains plans for all front of house needs for outside groups (ushers, box office).
- Oversees all aspects of external patron-facing relations, including standard safety protocols, emergency management, and building/event security.
- Develops, establishes, and implements policies and procedures for performance, rehearsal space usage in collaboration with Technical Supervisor.
- Manages master calendar of events (in collaboration with Chair of Performance).
- Primary point of contact for community engagement and audience services in collaboration with Director of Marketing and Advancement.
- Co-leads student training and engagement in curricular areas of concert, performance, and technical management in collaboration with School of Music faculty and Technical Supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Published on 20 December 2017