Production Manager, College of Performing Arts
Reporting to the Director of Production Management, the Production Manager is directly responsible for all areas of productions and facilities as assigned throughout the department. Working with departmental leadership such as the Vice Dean and other various Deans, the Production Manager of CoPA will provide direct support as well as oversee all productions such as but not limited to: drama mainstage productions, operas, ensemble concerts, experimental productions, external performance partnerships and musicals.
- Act as lead production manager on assigned projects in the School of Drama, Mannes School of Music, and School of Jazz & Contemporary Music.
- Oversee, schedule and conduct load ins, load outs, designer runs, and production meetings
- Oversee and work within budget on assigned projects
- Recruit, hire and supervise production staff, crew and designers as needed
- Contract external performance or rehearsal space as necessary
- Submit payroll for all production staff on assigned projects
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and organization of all classroom supplies
- Responsible for adherence to all local and university fire and life safety codes
- Solicit bids on capital projects, classroom furniture, and production resources as assigned
- Attend required run-throughs, technical rehearsals, and dress rehearsals on assigned projects
- Mentor student directors, designers, playwrights, actors & musicians through the creative and production process on assigned projects
- Flexible hours as needed based on project assignments
- Other duties as assigned
Published on 20 December 2017