- To lead the orchestra as required.
- To sit no 2 in the 1st Violins, and step up to Leader as required
- To support professionally and work collaboratively with any Leaders and Conductors and artists engaged by the Orchestra.
- To maintain the highest standard of professional playing and musical and artistic excellence required by the Orchestra.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Excellent professional orchestral and solo violin playing abilities.
- A knowledge of the range of repertoire of the BBC Symphony Orchestra.
- Ability to work collaboratively to inspire and lead performances that meet the highest musical standards, by providing artistic direction and by motivating members of the Orchestra.
- Effective people and performance management skills, including the ability to give constructive feedback, deal with sensitive issues and to make difficult decisions.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and develop harmonious working relationships with a diverse range of people
- Awareness of health and safety issues.
See further details at the link below.
Published on 20 December 2017