National Organiser Orchestras
As the National Organiser, you will play the leading role in representing 3,000 members in orchestras around the UK.
In particular, you will take responsibility for negotiating some 40 collective bargaining agreements between the MU and orchestras across the UK, as well as providing advice to members on a wide range of workplace issues and representing them in negotiations with management. You will also provide leadership in the recruitment and retention of members working in orchestras.
You will act as Secretary to the MU’s Orchestra Section and manage the operation of the four consultative committees which represent the interests of Orchestra Section members.
You will have line management responsibility of the Orchestras Official and will receive administrative support from the Assistant to Music Industry Departments.
Amongst the attributes the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate are:
- a sound knowledge of the role of the Musicians’ Union within the music industry
- a sound knowledge of MU’s collective agreements
- experience of working at senior level in a committee-based environment
- excellent personal communication skills
- experience working as an orchestral musician or working with or on behalf of orchestral musicians.
See further details at the link below.
Published on 23 July 2018