Marketing and Events Internship
Marketing & Events Internship
The Irish Composers’ Collective (founded 2004) is a non-profit collective of young and/or emerging composers in Ireland. Our main aim is to further the professional development of our members by producing monthly concerts of their music. For each concert, composers work closely with performers in a series of workshops and rehearsals.
Marketing & Event Assistant Internship:
3 days per week 10am–2pm or 4 hours in the evening on event days (workshops, rehearsals, concerts, meetings). We are flexible regarding working hours and start/end dates for the right candidate.
The Irish Composers’ Collective is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated candidate who is keen to establish a career in the Irish music and arts industry.
The 2 month internship period (30th October - 22nd December 2018) will involve pre-production planning (marketing/publicity), content creation for our website and social media accounts, copywriting, and strategising. This is a great opportunity to be fully involved from the outset with exciting and diverse events. The successful candidate will be required to work on-site at our events where possible.
This is an exciting time to come on board with ICC. We will be working from our own space in The Lab on Foley street where we will be developing our artistic policy and strategic plan. Throughout November and December we will have workshops and concerts with Lina Andonovska (flute), Malachy Robinson (double bass), Cormac O’hAodáin (horn), and RIAM ensemble.
A key part of the role will be in developing the ICC brand with a website redevelopment.
Your role will include the following:
- Social media and ICC website content creation and development
- Marketing strategy development
- Artist Liaison/Production Assistant/front of house during concerts/events
- Interest and/or knowledge about the Irish contemporary music and arts scene
- A quick-thinking, self-starter with the ability to multitask
- Interest and/or some knowledge of digital marketing and social media
- Aware of the ‘all-hands on deck’ attitude required when working at events
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign an advantage but not required
We offer a weekly remuneration of €20 to cover basic expenses. There is the possibility of this role becoming paid from January 2019.
Please email a cover letter and CV to Paul Scully at [email protected]
Published on 23 October 2018