Jazz Catalogue Manager/Consultant
The main functions would be:
- Understand the power of global jazz assets, across the labels Blue Note, Verve, Impulse, as well as distributed label Concord, and ECM.
- Have an instinctive sense of how these assets are best combined, best packaged, best presented, to make gripping, authoritative and compelling consumer propositions.
- Have an internationalist’s understanding of the different jazz sensibilities and conditions in each territory, and know how to adapt or work with products accordingly.
- Have a sufficient knowledge of UMG’s complex rights and product management systems and people to be able to create product which is cost-effective to create for the label, affordable for markets to commit to, and ultimately desirable for consumers.
- Inspire, collaborate and consult with labels and markets to bring exciting ideas to the table and to develop a strong forward release schedule with clear and costed plans for 18-months ahead, and outline ideas for 3 years ahead.
- Create and compile market-level comms such as ‘InfoMails’, ensuring they are accurate, compelling and comprehensive.
- Work with the team to report back on commercial results regularly; the labels need to be certain the investments they make in re-issues deliver a real and meaningful financial contribution.
- Encourage labels to create strong tools for markets to work, such as animations, websites and social media campaigns; ensuring that the markets use them.
- Evangelise about jazz and the catalogue of assets internally, building the trust and confidence of markets.
Published on 24 November 2017