South Birmingham Sinfonia is seeking a Music Director to commence on Monday 4th September 2017.
- To provide the orchestra with professional musical direction in order to develop the musicality and ensemble skills of its members and to enhance the reputation of the Orchestra.
- To conduct all concerts or, on occasion, to advise the Committee on engaging guest conductors.
- To conduct all rehearsals. In exceptional circumstances, to arrange for a substitute of an acceptable standard in rehearsals.
- To provide a rehearsal schedule detailing the proposed content of each rehearsal.
- In consultation with the Players’ Forum and the Committee, to assist in preparing an annual programme for the orchestra, ensuring that a degree of challenge and musical developmental value are balanced against affordability and audience appeal.
- To attend, as an ex-officio member, Committee meetings when invited and to provide advice and recommendations on musical matters.
- To inform the Committee of any extra players required for the concert and rehearsals.
For further details, visit https://goo.gl/Ng8GU5.
Published on 27 March 2017