YCAT is a UK charity founded in 1984 that builds the careers of emerging classical artists. It is unique in providing sustained, intensive guidance, bespoke artist management and prolonged care over a 3-5 year period.
- Woodwind, Brass & Percussion
- Solo Piano / Keyboard
- Collaborative Piano (chamber/accompaniment)
- Ensemble (3-6 instrumentalists – nb this does not include duos)
- Musicians must have completed (or be in the process of completing) a recognised course of study for their instrument/voice. If your nationality is from outside the European Union, you must have the correct visa to be able to perform regularly in the UK without the need for individual work permits. This does not currently include Tier 4 student visas.
- The age limit for instrumentalists is 28 and for singers 30 (as at 24 May 2018). Chamber ensembles must have an average age of 28 or under.
- Entrants must not be under commercial management at the time of application.
- YCAT reserves the right to accept or refuse auditions to any applicant at its absolute discretion and without giving reasons.
- Artists who have been heard before may apply again and will be considered for an audition at the discretion of YCAT.
- Artists requiring accompanists and page turners will be expected to make their own arrangements and cover all the expenses involved.
See further details at the link below.
Published on 27 November 2017