Open Call: Curator, 'Sound Art in Public Spaces'
Sounds Now is looking for a Curator for an upcoming project, ‘Sound Art in Public Spaces’.
Who are you?
• You have experience in production/project management.
• You have experience in the field of sound art.
• You rely on an extensive network in the sound art world.
• You have a proven track record in and have an eye for diversity and inclusivity, two key factors in this Sounds Now initiative.
• You can envision, develop and execute an artistic project.
• You are inventive and creative and aren’t put off by the current (travel) restrictions.
• Your task is to present an artistic concept that explores the future of an inclusive public space.
• In consultation with the festival partners you will select five artists who will each create a sound art installation for this project. Their work should be presented at every partaking festival, taking into account the current traveling restrictions.
• You are also charged with budget control, research and implementation of the artists’ work in different locations in Europe.
• You are the first point of contact for the production team of every festival.
• You work from the comfort of your own home.
• You will be allocated a total budget of 5000 euro as a curator. A separate budget is of course provided for the artists.
See link below for further details.