ANAM Artist Commissions: Open Call for Proposals
DCU, in collaboration with Dublin City Council, will commission three new socially-engaged artistic works as part of ANAM, the University’s Arts and Culture platform. The commissions involve two phases: a development phase to mid December 2020, and a completion phase to end of April 2020. Each commission is worth €8,500.
With these commissions, we would like the artists to explore the idea of ‘community’ in a post-COVID world. The understanding of the word community is up to the artists’ unique interpretation. For example, it may be a community of interest, an age demographic, a local club, a student society, an educational cohort, a migrant community, DCU’s research community, or indeed it may be an all-encompassing notion of community defined by a geographic area e.g. ‘the Ballymun community’.
Dublin City University is seeking proposals from artists, collectives, cultural organisations who are interested in developing and presenting such socially engaged work.
– Provide a venue or space, if required, for showing the work.
– Facilitate connections with DCU’s socially-engaged units e.g. Age-Friendly University, DCU in the Community
– Offer artists access to DCU library facilities for research purposes
– Facilitate connections between artists and DCU research staff where possible
– Endeavour to facilitate temporary access to meeting or office space, providing Government public health regulations allow.
We welcome proposals that:
– Engage with our communities as part of the creative process.
– Create connections between DCU students and staff, and surrounding neighbourhoods.
– Promote greater arts participation in DCU and in our communities.
– Create opportunities for arts engagement in under-served or hard-to-reach groups.
– Explore new ideas emanating from DCU’s diverse research community.
See link below for further details.