Pianist, The Royal Ballet
The Royal Opera House aims to enrich people`s lives through opera and ballet. Home to two of the world`s great artistic companies - The Royal Opera and The Royal Ballet, performing with the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House - the organisation seeks to be accessible and engaging, to develop audiences across the UK and to break new ground in the presentation of lyric theatre.
The Royal Ballet, one of the leading classical ballet companies in the world, is seeking to appoint a Pianist to join the team of Music staff. Reporting to the Head of Music, the pianist will be required to play for class and rehearsal, as scheduled, with opportunities to play for occasional performances. The post will commence in August 2020.
The ideal candidate will be a highly experienced and professional team player with these qualities:
– A high level of pianism and general musicianship, and a good understanding of the dance-music relationship
– Substantial experience of playing for professional ballet class and rehearsal
– A broad knowledge of the classical ballet repertoire
– Ability to respond in a positive way to feedback and direction, and to demonstrate effective teamwork and harmonious working relationships
– The ability to perform Concertos and Solo Piano works in performance
– Commitment to managing own learning and continuous professional development relevant to the role
– We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact difference has on our teams.
A full job description is available below. To apply, please scroll to the bottom of the page and click on `Apply Now`. Please contact the Human Resources Department via hr.recruitment [at] roh.org.uk or on Tel: +44 (0) 207 212 9303 if you have any access requirements or queries.
Closing Date for applications: 8.00am, Friday 27 March 2020
Auditions will be held week commencing 4 May 2020
See link below for further details.