Student Recruitment & Admissions and Marketing Assistant
Contractual Hours: 9.00am-5.30pm, Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
About BIMM Institute
With over 35 years’ experience helping students launch successful careers in Music, Film and Performing arts and located in some of Europe’s most creative cities - London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham. BIMM Institute is proud to be the largest and leading provider of creative arts education in Europe.
We offer a broad range of Higher and Further Education courses in popular music, performing arts and film and screen – including BA(Hons)/BMus Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and MAs. Our professional, highly vocational and real-world courses include studies in music performance, performing arts, songwriting, music production, music business, event management, music marketing, media and communication, film and screen.
The post holder will have a central role in responding to new clients and their representatives. This position involves assisting the R&A Manager with all areas of the Recruitment and Admissions process, including (but not limited to) dealing with enquiries, processing applications, organising auditions, and following up all applicants’ progress through to successful enrolment at BIMM Institute Dublin. The role requires an in-depth knowledge of the curriculum on offer and of the admissions process for all BIMM Institute Dublin courses. Reporting directly to the R&A Manager, this post also provides administrative support in relation to all aspects of marketing, promotion, and events, including Open Days and applicant experience events.
Accuracy and attention to detail is essential, as is a friendly and outgoing personality when dealing with prospective students, current students, and guests.
Essential criteria for applicant:
• Enthusiastic, outgoing, confident, and assured communication skills
• Social Media management experience
• Excellent telephone manner
• Excellent time management and prioritizing skills
• Ability to respond well to pressure and work to tight deadlines
• Willingness to gain an understanding of BIMM Institute Dublin curriculum and admissions procedures particularly in relation to the CAO system
• High level of computer literacy especially in relation to Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, and experience in the use of databases
• Knowledge of music/music industry
• Social Media management experience
• Proven design skills and use of Photoshop
• Marketing experience
• Experience with public speaking and good presentation skills
The post holder will be responsible for the following:
Knowledge and presentation of the BIMM Institute Dublin curriculum and the BIMM Institute ethos
• Ensure a detailed understanding of the BIMM Institute Dublin curriculum at all levels and for all disciplines, and explain this to prospective students and parents
• Maintain a detailed understanding of the recruitment process for all programmes, including progression routes within BIMM Institute
• Understand and explain the entry requirements for all courses
• Explain fees and all issues relating to finance
• Respond knowledgably to all queries from prospective students and their parents
Prospectus Mail Outs
• Assist with the creation of prospectus material and monitor supplies
• Maintain clear and regular communication with post-primary Guidance Counsellors. Music teachers and schools and all other areas associated with prospective students
• Follow up on all prospectuses distributed
Open Days and Promotional Events
• Support both the R&A Manager and the College Principal with the planning and promotion of Open Days
• Handle all bookings for college Open Days and keep accurate record of attendance
• Work with the R&A Manager to secure staff and performers for the event
• Assist with event management on Open Days
• Assist with all external events, including visits to Careers Fairs, TU Dublin Open Days, School Visits and other musical events (e.g. All Ages Gigs, etc.), and attend these events as required
Admissions Process – Applications, Face to Face and Online Auditions and Interviews, Offers and Contracts
• Understand all admissions procedures in order to provide support to the R&A Manager
• Assist the R&A Manager with processing all applications and liaise with the TU Dublin Admissions Office when required
• Assist with the booking and confirmation of auditions, including answering general enquiries relating to the audition process and report any issues arising to the R&A Manager
• Ensure all members of the audition team have the correct materials needed each week
• Ensure the correct completion of audition records, assist with processing the results, and ensure information is recorded and stored correctly
• Greet all applicants with enthusiasm and put them at their ease, ensuring that all applicants have an enjoyable experience at BIMM Institute Dublin
• Ensure the day runs to scheduled times and monitor attendance and punctuality of scheduled applicants
• Support the R&A Manager in sending out offer/rejection letters, assist with sending out contracts and track receipt of contracts and deposits
• Support R&A Manager and BIMM Group in annual Enrolment process
Marketing & Promotion
• Work with the R&A Manager and the to identify online promotion opportunities, such as events listings, education websites and social media
• Work with the R&A Manager and the on the production of flyers, posters, print and digital campaigns, for in- house and external events
• Be responsible for ensuring accurate and up-to-date information is included in regular admissions campaigns
• Be responsible for regularly liaising with the group marketing team to update all written content etc.
• Liaise with marketing team to source or create visual and written content for the website and social media
• Liaise with the BIMM group marketing department and marketing staff as required
• Monitor the effectiveness of all promotional work and provide regular reports to the R&A Manager
General Office Duties
• Work with the College Principal R&A Manager to ensure all aspects of the day-to-day running of the office are handled in line with company policy
• Support other members of the BIMM Institute Dublin team as required
• Comply with and implement as appropriate, all of BIMM’s policies and procedures, with particular reference Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, and Health and Safety.
We are committed to establishing a culture of inclusivity across BIMM Institute, so that we truly represent the diversity of our students and the creative industries, both in what we teach and how we work.
We encourage applications from black and minority ethic candidates who are underrepresented in our organisation.
All posts are subject to Right to Work checks.