Associate Manager, Pop and Dance Music Programming
We are searching for an organized and detail-oriented Associate Manager of Pop and Dance Music Programming to support our Content & Programming team and help successfully give our audience the best possible music video experience.
The Associate Manager of Pop and Dance Music Programming will report to the Senior Director of Music & Talent and will be a member of the broader C&P team. In this fast-paced, multi-faceted position you will hold the keys to various aspects of programming such as play-listing, curation, product development, scheduling, and content creation.
This is a full-time position and is based at our office in New York City in Times Square.
As a member of our team, you will:
– Manage day-to-day Pop and Dance music programming, curating, and scheduling across all Vevo-based platforms, including web/YouTube, Owned & Operated TV apps, and other off-YouTube platforms
– Assist with Country and Christian-related programming and curation
– Manage all Vevo YouTube homepage shelves by rotating, adding, and deleting its featured videos and playlists
– Work with the Engineering and Product teams to help fix and fine-tune active issues by testing new programming tools and features
– Work with the Research and Audience Growth teams using YouTube Analytics and other data tools to continuously improve and optimize playlist and video programming strategies
– Write short copy for various playlist, video, and content descriptions that will appear on web/YouTube, O&O TV apps, and other third party platforms
– Manage Vevo’s YouTube/O&O Pop and Dance video library
– Work with Biz Dev, Sales, and Marketing on various off-YouTube opportunities to create unique programming offerings for our partners
This describes you:
– You are passionate and fluent in all current/relevant Pop and Dance music genres
– You are familiar with music programming systems similar to/like Selector and MusicMaster
– You have excellent organization, communication, and presentation skills
– You have a strong desire to solve problems, learn new things, and constantly grow; and to motivate others to do the same
– Minimum of two (2) years of music programming, play-listing/curation and scheduling experience
– Proven ability to recognize Pop and Dance music trends
– Music industry knowledge, experience, and relationships
See link below for further details.
Published on 2 July 2019