Events and Projects Producer, Music Division
The Juilliard School seeks applications for the role of Events and Projects Producer, Music Division.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of the Music Division to produce and support programs, events, and new initiatives within the classical music departments of the School’s Music Division. Provides high-level support to the Director of the Music Division, and collaborates with stakeholders within the School to successfully see assigned projects and events through from conception to realization, including managing artistic needs, budgets, schedules, and other parameters as needed.
– Coordinate and produce Music Division masterclasses (both public and non-public departmental classes), including scheduling, student assignments and repertoire selection, and day-of event management
– Coordinate and schedule activities for high-profile guest residencies and visiting faculty members
– As assigned, assist in the design and implementation of new initiatives within the Music Division, in coordination with the President’s Office and other departments in the school
– Produce annual Ruiz Debut Recital at Weill Hall, as well as other debut recitals as assigned, including overseeing selection process, scheduling, and event coordination
– Produce New York City-based collaborative events between the Tianjin Juilliard School and Juilliard in New York, including joint faculty recitals, visiting faculty visits, and student exchanges
– Serve as liaison and coordinator as needed for Music Division in cross-divisional collaborations
– Serve as liaison and coordinator for Juilliard’s Faculty Recital series
– Assist with the coordination and production of concerto competitions, in conjunction with the Concert Office, the Assistant Dean for – – Orchestral Studies, and the Director of the Music Division
– Working with the President’s Office producing team and Development Office’s special events team, assist with music-specific special projects and events including but not limited to convocation, commencement, galas, benefits, donor events, celebrations and other programs and initiatives
– In conjunction with the Special Events and President’s Offices, assist in the production of memorials as requested
– Works closely with the Dean’s Office and the Director of the Music Division on administrative tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
– A bachelor’s degree, preferably in music performance; equivalent experience considered
– Deep knowledge of classical music and the classical music industry, with a strong working-knowledge of other forms of performing arts
– Experience producing events, performances, and programs
– Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in busy environment; willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends, as needed
– Ability to work collaboratively as part of and in a team setting
– Ability to work well independently to meet multiple deadlines
– Detail-oriented with strong written, verbal, and organizational skills
– Enthusiastic and imaginative approach to developing projects and initiatives
– Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated sensitivity to the many needs of a fast-paced educational and performing arts community
– Must exercise excellent judgement, discretion, and integrity
– Commitment to equity, diversity, inclusiveness, and belonging
– Professional experience as a performer in classical music preferred
– 2-3 years’ experience with project or event management preferred
See link below for further details.
Published on 2 September 2019