International Collaboration as part of UNESCO Year of Indigenous Languages
Culture Ireland in partnership with Wales Arts International (WAI) invites expressions of interest from professional Irish musicians and Irish language performers for participation in an international collaboration in Wales as part of UNESCO Year of Indigenous Language.
2019 is UNESCO Year of Indigenous Language. As part of Wales’ celebration of this year and its own ancient language and culture, Wales Arts International (WAI) has been commissioned by Welsh Government to deliver a programme of cultural responses. Culture Ireland is seeking emerging Irish professional musicians who have a passion for and are committed to performing in Irish, to participate in this partnership opportunity.
The event will include a showcase performance at a public event.
To be eligible to apply for this international career development opportunity, you will:
– Be available to participate in the project in Wales from November 21 to November 30, 2019 with no other commitments during that time.
– Be a versatile professional vocalist or musician living and working in Ireland
– Have a proven track record of a commitment to developing your performance work through the Irish language and/or promoting the music culture of Ireland
– Be an emerging vocalist or musician committed to developing your work internationally
– Have at least one album on sale commercially / perform on at least one commercially sold album.
– Have a proven track record of professional performances within Ireland.
– Be in a position to spend short periods of time performing overseas in the coming 18 months.
See link below for further details.
Published on 2 September 2019