Current Affairs, Radio Intern
RTÉ Internship Programme 2020
Current Affairs, Radio Intern
Are you full of bright ideas?
Are you a passionate storyteller?
Are you ambitious and creative?
If so, we want YOU!
The RTÉ Internship Programme 2020 has been created in line with our People Strategy to mirror the nation’s diversity. This is an opportunity to be part of a group of interns from every background, who will work across a range of exciting projects and who will make a real and creative impact on our services. Your talent will be recognised, encouraged and developed. This could be the first step in changing or launching your career. The programme will initially involve internships in areas across the organisation including Content, News and Current Affairs, RTÉ Online and Commercial.
Who we are?
Radio 1 – the most listened to Radio station in the country whose schedule includes iconic programmes and presenters like Liveline, Ryan Tubridy and Marian Finucane. These internships are with radio current affairs, responsible for breaking news, for informing and entertaining.
What you’ll be doing?
Reporting to the Managing Editor of Radio 1, through the radio editorial process, the intern will be responsible for researching, reporting and originating content across the radio current affairs schedule.
Who you are?
- You should be creative, curious, resilient and willing to learn.
- You must love all things digital and be able to show you are already using social media to tell stories.
- You must have a passion for story-telling
- You should have an interest in current affairs and an interest in the wider, cultural landscape would also be advantage.
- Ability to work as part of a team and, when required, to self motivate.
Why the RTÉ Internship Programme is for you?
- Gain industry related experience and develop your skills in Ireland’s national public service media organisation.
- Get involved in real-world challenging projects and work that complements your career interests and supports your learning goals.
- Be mentored and supervised by a professional with relevant expertise in the field.
- Gain broad exposure to the organisation with shadowing opportunities.
- Create a professional network and add industry experience to your CV.
This position will be offered on a 6 month employment basis, with a salary of €25,080 per annum pro-rata.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please apply by submitting your Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. Please attach these as one document.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday, 6th December 2019.
Applicants must be over 18 years of age and eligible to work in Ireland.
Cuirfear fáilte roimh iarratais ó dhaoine go bhfuil dearcadh dearfach acu i leith na Gaeilge. Applications are welcome from people who have a positive outlook to Irish.
RTÉ is committed to diversity in its workforce and welcomes applications from people with diverse backgrounds and who speak other languages. RTÉ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applications without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, social experience, race and ethnicity, disability, civil and family status, religious belief and membership of the Traveller Community.