Online Edit Assistant Intern
RTÉ Internship Programme 2020
Online Edit Assistant Intern
Are you full of bright ideas?
Are you a passionate storyteller?
Are you ambitious and creative?
If so, we want YOU!
The RTÉ Internship Programme 2020 has been created in line with our People Strategy to mirror the nation’s diversity. This is an opportunity to be part of a group of interns from every background, who will work across a range of exciting projects and who will make a real and creative impact on our services. Your talent will be recognised, encouraged and developed. This could be the first step in changing or launching your career. The programme will initially involve internships in areas across the organisation including Content, News and Current Affairs, RTÉ Online and Commercial.
Who we are?
RTÉ established The Lab in 2019 to create, curate and commission innovative and engaging original audio and video content for RTÉ’s online platforms; RTÉ Player, RTÉ.ie, RTÉ Radio Player and RTÉ’s social channels. The Lab is made up of a multidisciplinary creative team within RTÉ Online with a wide range of experience in TV, Radio and Online. Our skills range from audio and video production, direction & commissioning, photography, multimedia editing, social media campaign creation and digital design expertise.
We produce and commission online audio and video content. As well as working with our in-house programme teams and Genre Heads, The Lab commissions short form productions from independent producers. All content currently created or commissioned by The Lab is aimed at 18-44s audience with a focus on the core target audience of 25-35s.
What you’ll be doing?
Reporting to the Online Content & Strategy Manager, the successful intern will assist The Lab’s in-house editors with all aspects of the video and/or audio editing process and will have the opportunity to edit content for publication on multiple online platforms by carrying out the following:
- Preparing projects and media for the editors (ingesting various digital formats, grouping and synching rushes)
- Preparing assembly timelines as required
- Preparing for the online, grade and audio suites
- Media Management, wrangling, organising rushes and archive
- Sourcing clips (audio & video)
- Preparing imagery for social media & online platforms
- Liaise daily with team members to ensure information is up to date
- Liaise with external service providers & internal staff as appropriate
- Assist with post production paperwork
Who you are?
- You are a fluent English speaker with excellent writing ability, attention to detail and strong computer skills. You are familiar with both Mac and Windows OS. You are organized but you are also creative and curious. You have creative solutions to creative problems.
- You must be passionate about online media and are up to date with current social media trends and the digital media industry in general. You may already have some experience of working in a similar industry.
- Crucially you understand Video & Audio production processes and editing processes. Basic production and edit skills are essential. You have used or are familiar with some of the following editing packages Premiere/After Effects, Protools, Radioman or Adobe Audition You have examples of content (audio or video) you have edited.
- You have strong communication skills, you know how to tell a story and you are able to work to tight deadlines in a fast turnaround atmosphere. You understand that the role will require flexibility and diplomacy. You are happy to work as a member of a team or on your own initiative. You are a creative thinker, resilient and you probably have a good sense of humour.
- You are not expected to know it all but you should make yourself familiar with the relevant legislation and regulatory requirements which govern RTÉ.
- You should have read and understood RTE’s content standards guidelines and journalism guidelines which are available on https://about.rte.ie/reports-and-policies/policies-and-guidelines/
Why the RTÉ Internship Programme is for you?
- Gain industry related experience and develop your skills in Ireland’s national public service media organisation.
- Get involved in real-world challenging projects and work that complements your career interests and supports your learning goals.
- Have the opportunity to help shape RTÉ’s online content.
- Be mentored and supervised by a professional with relevant expertise in the field.
- Gain broad exposure to the organisation with shadowing opportunities.
- Create a professional network and add industry experience to your CV.
This position will be offered from January to December 2020, with a salary of €25,080 per annum pro-rata.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please apply by submitting your Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, attached as one document. You must also submit a 60 second maximum example of your work. This can be either a .mp4 / .mov file (emailed to learn [at] rte.ie)or a link to online content, and should showcase your editing skills.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday, 6th December 2019.
Applicants must be over 18 years of age and eligible to work in Ireland.
Cuirfear fáilte roimh iarratais ó dhaoine go bhfuil dearcadh dearfach acu i leith na Gaeilge. Applications are welcome from people who have a positive outlook to Irish.
RTÉ is committed to diversity in its workforce and welcomes applications from people with diverse backgrounds and who speak other languages. RTÉ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applications without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, social experience, race and ethnicity, disability, civil and family status, religious belief and membership of the Traveller Community.