Online Junior Content Creator Intern
RTÉ Internship Programme 2020
Online Junior Content Creator Intern
Are you full of bright ideas?
Are you a passionate storyteller?
Are you ambitious and creative?
If so, we want YOU!
The RTÉ Internship Programme 2020 has been created in line with our People Strategy to mirror the nation’s diversity. This is an opportunity to be part of a group of interns from every background, who will work across a range of exciting projects and who will make a real and creative impact on our services. Your talent will be recognised, encouraged and developed. This could be the first step in changing or launching your career. The programme will initially involve internships in areas across the organisation including Content, News and Current Affairs, RTÉ Online and Commercial.
Who we are?
RTÉ established The Lab in 2019 to create, curate and commission innovative and engaging original audio and video content for RTÉ’s online platforms; RTÉ Player, RTÉ.ie, RTÉ Radio Player and RTÉ’s social channels.
The Lab is made up of a multidisciplinary creative team within RTÉ Online with a wide range of experience in TV, Radio and Online. Our skills range from audio and video production, direction & commissioning, photography, multimedia editing, social media campaign creation and digital design expertise.
We produce and commission online audio and video content. As well as working with our in-house programme teams and Genre Heads, The Lab commissions short form productions from independent producers. All content currently created or commissioned by The Lab is aimed at 18-44s audience with a focus on the core target audience of 25-35s.
What you’ll be doing?
Reporting to the Online Content & Strategy Manager, this role will assist in the creation, curation and ideation of online audio and video content for The Lab across multiple platforms and across different genres. The successful intern should love video and audio content, should know what is trending across online channels, have a strong interest in social media, be really creative and have lots of ideas. A multi-tasker, the successful candidate will work across a large range of content projects from pre-production to final edit for both audio and video. You will have the opportunity to:
- Work with members of the Lab to ensure all production requirements, for audio and video are met
- Assist with the production of audio (podcasts) &/or video as required
- Develop & deliver ideas for online content across different genres
- Create social media content for audio and/or video
- Report on new online content trends that could work for RTÉ
- Suggest new diverse talent for online content (audio & video)
- Assist in the organisation of all required equipment
- Liaise daily with team members to ensure up to date information
- Liaise with external service providers & internal staff as appropriate
Who you are?
- You are a fluent English speaker with excellent writing ability, attention to detail and strong computer skills. You are organized but you are also creative and curious. You are bursting with ideas for content
- You must be passionate about online media and are up to date with current social media trends and the digital media industry in general. You may already have some experience of working in a similar industry
- Crucially you understand Video & Audio production processes and editing processes. Basic production and edit skills are essential. You should be able to show us content you have filmed or recorded (audio)
- You have strong communication skills and you are able to work to tight deadlines in a fast turnaround atmosphere. You understand that the role will require flexibility and diplomacy You are happy to work as a member of a team or on your own initiative. You are a creative thinker, resilient and you probably have a good sense of humour.
- You are not expected to know it all but you should make yourself familiar with the relevant legislation and regulatory requirements which govern RTÉ
- You should have read and understood RTE’s content standards guidelines and journalism guidelines which are available on https://about.rte.ie/reports-and-policies/policies-and-guidelines/
Why the RTÉ Internship Programme is for you?
- Gain industry related experience and develop your skills in Ireland’s national public service media organisation
- Get involved in real-world challenging projects and work that complements your career interests and supports your learning goals
- Have the opportunity to help shape RTÉ’s online content
- Be mentored and supervised by a professional with relevant expertise in the field
- Gain broad exposure to the organisation with shadowing opportunities
- Create a professional network and add industry experience to your CV
This position will be offered from January to December 2020, with a salary of €25,080 per annum pro-rata.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please apply by submitting your Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, attached as one document. You must also submit a 60 second maximum example of your work. This can be either a .mp4 / .mov file (emailed to learn [at] rte.ie)or a link to online content, and should showcase your editing skills.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday, 6th December 2019.
Applicants must be over 18 years of age and eligible to work in Ireland.
Cuirfear fáilte roimh iarratais ó dhaoine go bhfuil dearcadh dearfach acu i leith na Gaeilge. Applications are welcome from people who have a positive outlook to Irish.
RTÉ is committed to diversity in its workforce and welcomes applications from people with diverse backgrounds and who speak other languages. RTÉ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applications without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, social experience, race and ethnicity, disability, civil and family status, religious belief and membership of the Traveller Community.