Head of Publishing
Deexer is seeking a Head of Publishing to join the team in Paris.
The Music Rights Acquisition team is made up of 15 people specialized in several areas such as Reporting, Recording, Publishing and Catalogue Ingestion. The team works closely with the legal department who draft contracts and help in the finalization of commercial negotiations.
As Head of Publishing you will be in charge of all relations and negotiations with collecting rights societies and publishers throughout Deezer’s 180+ territories
What you will do?
– Build strong relationships with all collecting rights societies and publishers on a global level.
– Negotiate license terms with collecting rights societies and publishers for both Direct to Consumer and B2B agreements.
– Work closely with the financial department to prepare and evaluate margins and results of all publishing deals.
– Conduct regular Business Reviews (for all services of the company) with the collecting societies and publishers.
– Keep up-to-date with changes in legislation.
– Establish a collaborative relationship with the teams both in France and internationally.
What we are looking for?
– Business School or law degree with a specialization into copyright law.
– Strong knowledge of the music industry business in general as well as its legal aspects (Copyright, Neighbouring rights, Contract law).
– 5 years of experience in the music industry, and more specifically in music publishing.
– English mandatory. French language is a plus.
– Strong attention to detail, Good communication and management skills.
– Strong negotiation skills and business acumen.
– Can collaborate positively within a fast-changing environment.
– Proficiency in Power Point and Excel.
See link below for further details.
NB: No deadline specified.