Junior Content Commissioner
Universal Music Group is looking for a Junior Content Commissioner.
You will work alongside the Creative Director & Senior Content Commissioner to commission forward-thinking, culturally relevant content for a diverse roster of artists and commercially focused channels.
Day to day responsibilities include:
– Commissioning diverse short and long-form content, including music videos, bespoke content, clips for social media, BTS, live sessions, tour and documentary formats as well as content that works across different markets
– Working closely with artists and managers to define and realise the content output for individual campaigns
– Adhering to the Universal Rate Card when commissioning creative talent
– Have a technical understanding of producing shoots and understanding of how shoots come together
– Understanding of budgets
– Good negotiation skills
– Should be able to self-shoot and edit
– Ensuring future visibility by working closely with marketing teams to understand what is required and when
– Taking the initiative and setting time aside to meet with Marketing/Artists and Management to form content plans
– Being present in all artist planning meetings to ensure understanding of full artist campaigns and future content needs
– Working closely with the Senior Content Commissioner, Creative Director and marketing managers to ensure artist content strategy aligns with the overall creative direction
– Driving partnerships with our internal brand agency; Globe
– Working closely with the marketing and digital teams to oversee/produce artist content days
– Commissioning glam teams and negotiating fees with agents (where appropriate)
– Working closely with business affairs, finance and insurance teams to ensure projects are paper- worked correctly
– Working alongside the creative intern and marketing assistants to ensure suppliers are paid within a timely fashion
– Working alongside the creative intern to book travel via our internal booking system
– Working to strict budgets and adhering to delivery deadlines
The role is expansive, and the ideal candidate will be excited by finding innovative ways to champion artists, campaigns and colleagues.
– You are passionate about telling stories through visual content
– You have proven experience commissioning diverse short and long-form content. Music specific experience is advantageous but not essential
– You have demonstrated the ability to attract, retain, and grow an audience through compelling content
– You are good at multi-tasking, juggling competing priorities, and organising yourself to ensure you deliver on your commitments
– You will work closely with the marketing, social and digital teams to ensure content is faithful to the artist or project vision
– You are a connector and a team player – your network is diverse and filled with creative talent across production houses, social channels, agencies and brands.
See link below for further details.
NB: No deadline specified.