Programmer, Artist Development
London Borough of Richmond Upon Thames seeks a Programmer, Artist Development.
Based at Orleans House Gallery on Twickenham Riverside, the team is responsible for a range of creative programmes that have the public at the heart of the activity.
We deliver a number of high profile festivals including the Richmond Literature Festival that bring new art to the borough, alongside strategic projects to support artists and develop the local arts sector.
We are especially interested in people who have brought significant change and improvements to places they have worked, and those who are willing to try new things and help us deliver unexpected and innovative new services for the public.
- Deliver relevant public facing programmes and activities that encourage the development of artists and the arts sector within the borough.
- Manage activities such as the Richmond Literature Festival, RichDance, and Art House open studios, but also develop new programmes that include a range of art forms and new technologies.
- Manage partnerships and co-commissioning arrangements and build relationships with artists working and living in the borough.
- Ensure services are communicated well to the relevant audiences and influencers.
- Contribute to strategic initiatives and policies which increase the effectiveness of our services.
- You have experience of developing and delivering public facing creative programmes with a focus on festivals and multidisciplinary programmes.
- You enjoy creating new innovative arts programmes.
- You can forward plan and manage risk.
- You communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide range of individuals.
- You are happy to adapt to changing priorities, contexts and deadlines.
- You manage and lead teams successfully in fast-moving dynamic environments.