Music Bibliography Specialist
Research Foundation of CUNY are seeking applications to the position of Music Bibliography Specialist.
Duties will include:
– Contribute to the publication of a comprehensive, international abstracted bibliography of scholarly and professional writings on music and related disciplines serving the global music research community;.
– Conduct research on all types of music and related studies in relation to all document types (books, articles, reviews, collections, electronic resources, etc.);
– Edit/index/write abstracts of scholarly literature on music received from diverse sources and of varied quality and intelligibility, bringing them to a high standard of literacy and scholarship by improving the prose, punctuation, and factual content of the material through research;
– Improve and add to RILM’s indexing conventions outlined in its style manual, based on special areas of academic expertise.
– Master’s degree in Musicology or a related discipline.
– Expert knowledge of repertoire, a grasp of different analytical approaches, an understanding of performance and the cultural and intellectual history of music;
– An understanding of bibliographic procedures.
– Must be skillful in editing and organizing data into logical concepts with proven research and superior written English skills.
See link below for further details.
Published on 4 July 2019