Art Engagement Facilitator
Dundalk Youth Centre wishes to appoint a trainer/facilitator to deliver an Arts Engagement Training Programme in Co. Louth. This course would be delivered in different venues depending on the needs of the participants. Venues and recruitment will be confirmed in consultation with Dundalk Youth Centre. Full responsibility for the organising of the initiative, recruiting participants, training delivery and reporting will rest with the trainer / facilitator.
The proposed Training Programme will be a non-formal education programme to deliver the aims of the Art Engagement Training Project. Working in an out of school setting the programme team will recruit, train and support 200 young people over fifteen months. The key activity in this project is the delivery of 20 high quality arts programmes to create significant arts, drama and musical performances. The theme of the project will be determined by the participants and the context will be to engage young people in creative activity to increase community participation.
Each workshop will be facilitated by an expert who will create weekly sessions to engage the participants, build on their ideas, develop skills in the arts and produce high quality art work and performances.
1. 200 young people will be recruited to take part in the Arts Engagement Project
2. Participants will have developed new skills in Youth Arts
3. Participants will have developed new friendships over a number of new sessions
4. Young People will be signposted to other youth services in their communities
5. The trainer / Facilitator will provide an evaluation report at the end of each training programme with recommendations for any future training as identified with the young people.
• It is anticipated that the training courses will run from October 2020 to December 2021.
• Training sessions will be agreed with the participants during the recruitment phase.
• Venues to be agreed with Dundalk Youth Centre
See link below for further details.