Arts and Cultural Engagement Officer
The Irish Hospice Foundation is seeking suitably qualified candidates to undertake an eight-month fixed term contract as Arts and Cultural Engagement Officer.
The main objective of the role is to use the power of the Arts to help connect organisations, providers and citizens to manage the difficult topics of dying, death, care and loss felt widely by society. The Officer will manage and create a bespoke programme of events to remember and reflect on dying, death and bereavement. This will include managing seed grants for community responses to dying, death, loss and grief, and the production of a poetry book with illustrations/photography.
The Officer will help create opportunities for people to talk about and plan ahead for ill health and death using the many different aspects of the Arts to create, manage and maintain active dialogue and reflection.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
– Educated to degree level or professional qualification in arts, arts administration with up to date knowledge of the Arts and Cultural sector
– Excellent project management skills
– An ability to champion change and oversee cultural change within a community
– An ability to communicate around the difficulties of dying, death and bereavement
– Excellent communication skills
– Excellent people skills
– Establishing and maintaining key stakeholder relationships with internal departments and external partners including local, regional and national specialist organisations
– Extensive experience of translating strategic plans into tangible actions to meet the ambitions of Irish Hospice Foundation
– Some experience of working using the arts in the healthcare/caring sector
– Proven experience of successful bid writing and external funding applications
– Experience of working co-operatively with communities especially through the arts
– Experience of marketing and communications in an Arts environment
– Proven experience of Microsoft suite of software
– Experience of leading and managing events
– Ability to work remotely using Zoom/Teams/WebEx
See link below for further details.