Fellowship, Engagement & Learning
As IMMA prepares to celebrate its 30th anniversary in 2021, it seeks to appoint an Engagement & Learning Fellow to join its busy Engagement & Learning team. The Fellow will have the opportunity to help shape this special and highly visible moment in the life of the museum. The Fellow will actively support the coordination and delivery of the museum’s engagement & learning programmes and work across other museum departments as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To work with the Engagement & Learning team in the coordination, production and communication of IMMA’s education, public and artists’ residency programmes.
• To engage with teams across the museum to assist in the planning and delivery of Engagement & Learning programmes.
• To assist in online and on-site events run by the Engagement & Learning and Digital programmers.
• To assist in creating online content and digital communications across all programmes.
• To act as a liaison between Engagement & Learning programmers and other stakeholders as required.
• To support the planning, coordination and delivery of IMMA’s Engagement & Learning programmes including Talks, Events, Schools, Colleges, Public programmes such as Adult, Youth and Family, the Residency and Research projects.
• To work with the Engagement & Learning team to maximise opportunities for access to the museum’s resources for participants on all programmes.
• To assist with the management of databases and coordination of communications with attendees and participants on all programmes.
• To establish and maintain good relationships with stakeholders and suppliers.
• To assist the Head of Engagement & Learning with other duties where necessary.
• A third level qualification in a related discipline.
• Excellent relationship building and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Demonstrable experience planning and delivering events in a fast paced environment. Experience in fundraising events would be an advantage.
• Experience supporting the delivery of creative marketing campaigns.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Attention to detail and the ability to be able to communicate passionately about IMMA’s programmes and the potential they hold for its audiences.
• Excellent computer skills with experience of website content management systems (Wordpress); PowerPoint; ExCell and email marketing software (Mailchimp).
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Conscientious, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
• Some experience using ticketing systems would be an advantage.
See link below for further details.